Senior Construction Manager – Phoenix, AZ
Our Senior Construction Manager will have a minimum of ten years of experience and be responsible for managing multiple retail projects in several southwest states. This is a full-time salary + bonus position and is based in our Phoenix, Arizona office. A qualified candidate must demonstrate significant experience in being the “lead” development professional for a number of successful retail developments, have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Urban Design, Finance or a related field and has a proven track record.
Responsibilities and General Duties
- Responsible for all Construction projects assigned to you from concept to final C of O and warranty period.
- Assist the Development Manager where needed for construction input during project planning.
- Generate conceptual take offs for project site and building cost estimates for budget.
- Qualify utility and general contractors in local and across state markets.
- Review and comment on the check set(s) of drawings on every project and review bid set.
- Generate general contractor bid packages for each project and assist each Contractor where needed. Track each bid through the process to bid date.
- Generate project specific bid comparison to analyze across the board project bids in order to determine best bid.
- Negotiate project construction buyout.
- Generate project AIA construction contracts. Negotiate contract comments through execution.
- Provide project construction cost to Development team to assist with overall project budget.
- With the Development team, assist and track the final project permitting process and coordinate pulling the permit with the general contractor.
- Provide all utility coordination after the start of the project thru service startup.
- Schedule and manage all project pre-construction coordination meetings.
- Hold weekly project construction meetings with General Contractors.
- Hold regular calls with client CM’s .
- Provide weekly update reports to our partners.
- Manage all project RFI’s. Track and manage design team responses in a timely fashion
- Manage all change orders. Includes making sure all back-up is provided, the scope matches the change, and the math is correct.
- Receive, review & comment if needed on all General Contractor pay applications. Submit completed pay applications for processing once approved application and waivers has proved out complete and correct.
- Travel to each Project three or four times throughout the course of construction. The visits include initial Property/Project Observation, Progress, Final Punch and Turnover.
- Generate Client Delivery Letter(s).
- Coordinate all GC contact, Utility O&M and Warranty information to Client for project closeout.
Experience must include due diligence research, budget preparation, working with city planning office to obtain entitlements and building permits and generating project budgets and schedules.
Capability to read, understand complex documents affecting real estate projects, such as: entitlement applications, traffic studies, CC&Rs, agreements/contracts, leases, due diligence materials, title reports, ALTA surveys, environmental reports and architectural drawings.
This person must be well-organized, detail oriented, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
Provide leadership while coordinating with any outside consultants required for each project which might include some of all the following: architect, civil engineer, landscape architects, soils engineer, environmental consultants and others who assist with the due diligence and preparation of entitlement applications and building permit submittals.
Knowledge in MS Project. Advanced computer skills, including use of Word, Excel (Spreadsheets), Power Point.
Additionally, the individual shall be able to demonstrate a history of pristine ethics and great client service.
Travel is required in this position.
Apply at: email@example.com