Development Manager / Project Manager – Arizona
Our Real Estate Development / Project Manager is responsible for managing the details of multiple retail real estate projects in various geographies throughout the Southwest. This position will work directly with the Executive Vice President of Development. The position is based in Phoenix, Arizona and has some travel requirements. This is a full-time position with benefits package available.
- Manages the full development cycle including planning, design, pre-construction, due diligence, entitlements, building permits and coordination with project construction managers.
- Coordinates and runs project meetings and provides updates to owners, partners and others.
- Updates daily a customized project database which tracks timelines, documents, budgets and other project details
- Tracks progress of each project against budgets, timelines, and goals. Provides reports on status to development team.
- Assists the site acquisition team with the preparation of various project criteria.
- Coordinates and oversees outside consultants with several third-party firms some of which may include civil engineer, landscape architect, soils engineer, architect, or environmental consultants during due diligence and preparation of entitlement applications and permit submittals.
- Secures approvals for expenses, and tracks vendor contracts and change requests.
- Responsible for obtaining necessary permits and approvals from municipalities.
- Identifies project risks, mitigation and contingency plans that reduce project risks.
- Manage consultants and design team to achieve deadlines and results.
- Three to seven years’ experience in retail project management.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong organizational and analytical ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Proven professional with high standards of integrity and confidentiality.
- Advanced skills with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and financial analysis.
- Ability to utilize a customized project tracking system and maintain updates daily.
- Bachelor’s degree