Development Manager / Construction Manager
Accelerated Development Services, an affiliate company of Velocity Retail Group, LLC is seeking a full time Development and Construction Manager for its growing shopping center development services business. We are a fast-paced high-energy organization that is keenly focused on providing innovative solutions and results. The ADS team is passionate about creating a prosperous future for our clients and colleagues.
The Development Manager will be responsible for managing multiple retail projects in various states and be based in our Phoenix, Arizona office. Responsibilities for this position include oversight of projects from inception to completion including site selection, evaluation, financing, construction management, cost estimating, marketing (leasing and sales) and reporting to lenders and ADS clients and partners. Additionally the Development Manager shall conduct design review, budget creation and management, procurement of contractors and vendor selection, manage the bid and construction process, and manage the document and contracts. The successful candidate will coordinate all actions with our internal team which provides asset services, leasing and property management for the development projects.
A qualified candidate must demonstrate significant experience in being the “lead” development professional for a number of successful shopping center developments, have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Urban Design, Finance or a related field and has a proven track record of thriving in a team environment. Experience must include due diligence research, budget preparation, working with city planning office to obtain entitlements and building permits and generating project budgets and schedules.
- Capability to read, understand complex documents affecting real estate projects, such as: entitlement applications, traffic studies, CC&Rs, agreements/contracts, leases, due diligence materials, title reports, ALTA surveys, environmental reports and architectural drawings.
- This person must be well-organized, detail oriented, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Oversee and coordinate with any outside consultants required for each project which might include some of all of the following: architect, civil engineer, landscape architects, soils engineer, environmental consultants and others who assist with the due diligence and preparation of entitlement applications and building permit submittals.
- Knowledge in MS Project. Advanced computer skills, including use of Word, Excel (Spreadsheets), Power Point.
- Additionally the individual shall be able to demonstrate a history of pristine ethics and great client service.
- Travel is required in this position.
Apply with cover letter and resume to: email@example.com